Friday 2 November 2012

Big travel day

Up at 6:30 to get the train to the airport. 3 flights and a loan of hanging around in airports to do today. Doh!!!!

First flight is on New Zealand Air. From the moment the in flight safety video starts I know i'm gonna love NZ Air. As the film the Hobbit (mostly filmed in NZ) is due for release NZ Air have made a speacial Lord of the Rings saftey video (including director Peter jackson). Its the first inflight safety video that actually has the airplane laughing. If you get the chance its worth a watch. I'm sure it will be on youtube.

Flight to Auckland was just under 4 hours.

Picture from Auckland Airport.


Auckland Airport is a lovely place and manage to find a quiet spot to recharged my batteries. Its about a 6 hour stop over but the time goes by really quickly. I feel like i've got the whole airport to myself.


Its then time for my flight to LA. Just over 11 hours in total so plenty of time to get some movie watching in. Batman is first on which has a plane crash at the start of the film just as we are taking off. Not one of my best ideas. Flight is broken up with meal times and have to assist young lady climb over seats as the person next to her has fallen asleep.

LA is not my favorite airport. For one of the busiest airports in the world it feels small and unorganised. A few hours to waste before my flight to Vegas so its time to play a variation of my people watching game. I call this one Gambler, Pole dancer, Rock star where I try to guess who on my flight fits into the one of the categories. Not many rock stars or pole dancers on this flight unfortunately.

Flight to Vegas takes 42mins (a fact which i am thankful off). We get a great view of the strip as we come into land at night. We land at the new Vegas airport which the taxi driver tells me has just been opened this year . This is what I expected the LA Airport to be like. I book in with Teresa at my hotel Circus Circus (not one of the newest hotels but at the top of the strip).

A picture of my small room. lol

Yes it does have two king size beds in it before you ask.



As ive missed the cut off time to get a Pizza delivered to my room its a quick walk to McDonalds for a snack before bed.

Gonna catch up with Shaun in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment