Thursday 4 October 2012

Arrived in Hong Kong


After a restfull nights sleep at the hotel (even with the thunderstorms) I woke feeling refreshed. The sun was shining, my bags packed and I ready to go. I went to the cafe for a brew and a quick log on to the net for directions to my hotel in Hong Kong and a few useful phrases for me to learn on the plane.
The hotel managed wished me a safe journey and told me that a taxi to the airport should not cost me anymore than 100bt. I flagged a taxi down, with a young driver who spoke really good English. It turns out that he is a Chelsea fan (what a shame) so we talked about football on the journey. I feel a lot more positive about Bangkok this morning, but still much prefer the relaxed atmosphere on Koh Tao Island.

At the airport Ted got speaking with Thai the elephant who wanted to join us on our trip. I told him that we could find him a good home back in England if he wanted and he agreed.
 
 

No free upgrade to business class again (I must be loosing my touch)but at least its a seat with leg room. As I’m now on flight number 5 of the trip I think i’m getting used to waiting around airports.  I’m just sat in the boarding lounge while people watching and writing this entry so that I can post it as soon as I get a internet connection in Hong Kong. Time to get on the plane so I’ll update you when I land.
 
Plane journey was interesting as I was sat next to a smelly Canadain (he did smell and I'm not calling all Canadians smelly just this one). Great views out of the window and Sri Lankan Airways hostess was trying to chat me up (she made me get off last so that she could chat to me) so that help reduce the time.
Train and bus journey to hostel had some great views of Hong Kong. Cant wait to do some exploring. The streets look pack full of people but once your out amongst it its not too bad (I must have my dont hassle me face on). Nots sure what the internet connection is going to be like here so might not be able to update as often as I have been.

Room is a small box (cosy) but I don't plan to be in there much so it doesn't bother me.


 
Time to get a late tea and a early night so that I can explore some more tomorrow.
Just been out and mcdonalds seemed like the easy option for my first night hear. Streets are busy, but really relaxed (unlike Bangkok). Maybe that will be different when i look more like a tourist tomorrow, but I hope not. Hopefully the smog will stay away so that I can get some good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment