Wednesday 3 October 2012

Journey back to Bangkok

The first leg of my journey back to Bangkok is a 3 hour ferry ride. The water is like a mirrow its that still and I get chating with a English lass who teaches over here. The time passes really quickly and before I know it we now have a two hour wait for the bus to Bangkok.

(insert pic on ferry)

The wait for the bus to Bangkok isn't too bad either and we all get chance to grab some food, there is a movie on the tv (if you can call speed 2 a movie, but atleast it wasn't speed 1 as we are getting on a bus) and get chatting to a few americans and french (needs must lol). When the buss arrives its a brand spanking new double decker coach with reclining seats. I even managed to get a few hours sleep on the eight and a half hour trip.

Arriving in Bangkok at 4:30am in the morning half tired with taxi drivers hastling you as soon as you step of the bus is probably why i'm not a fan of Bangkok. The trick is to leave the masses and flag a taxi. Taxi to the airport was uneventfull where I kill a few hours before booking into the hotel. A few hours kip, some food and a chance to recharge my electronics is not the best way to spend my birthday but i've had worse.

Just sat in the cafe as the wifi in the room is less than poor, but its a chance to do some more people watching. Hotel manager has just come up to me to make sure everything is ok. He then went on to say that if I needed a lady for the night he would be happy to supply a pretty one (dont panic I respectfully declined).

Gonna grab some food and then its a early night for me. Think i'll postpone my birthday celebrations until I get to Zoe in Rocky.

Not sure what wifi will be like in Hong Kong, but i'll post my first impressions asap to let you know I arrived ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment