Saturday 27 October 2012

Uni Celebration

As Zoe had handed in her last piece of course work for her masters it was decided that we would go on a pub crawl to celebrate.

First stop was the Allenstown Hotel (the first pub I went to when I arrived in Rocky) where we met up with the one eyed pool playing wizard (Known as Geoff to his mates). After a few scooners and a few games of pool (Zoe 0 -  Rob 2 / Geoff 1 - Rob 0) it was then on to the Brunswick Hotel (I s*** you not / see pic below) for some food.


As with most pubs over here half the pub is basically a bookies that you can get a beer in and the other half is a huge food area. As it was $10 meal day the food area was packed so we sat in the bookie side to eat our food.

Food eaten it was then on to Bartlett's Tavern for some more pool (Zoe 0 - Rob 4 / Geoff 2 - Rob 2)and a few more scooners.

The it was of two O'Dowds to meet up with PG and Sandfly who had just finished work for the day. O'Dowds as the names suggests is a Irish bar but as I didn't want to mix my drinks Guinness was not on the menu.

The Heritage was one of my favorite pubs on the tour. I think somewhere like this would go down really well back in the UK.


Then on two The Criterian Hotel (my second fav pub of the day). Think its because most of the other pubs in Rocky look like factorys from the outside.



A quick pot (smaller than a half pint) in the Oxford while waiting for a taxi back to the Glenmore (My local in Rocky) to wait for Aaron to finish work.

With the car stocked with beer it was then off to Jeno and Penny's for some food and a jam session round a camp fire. Penny had made a curry (I have the recipe and will try it out when I get back to the UK) while Jeno threw some steak on the BBQ. Jeno and Penny's daughter Tia was a superstar calling me Sir for the first few hours before then calling me Robbo.

Me with my new mate the owl (oh yeh and Jeno, lol)


Me, Aaron and Penny round the fire.


Fully fed a watered its a taxi back to base camp for a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment