Thursday 18 October 2012

Surf school day 1

After as much food as I could take on board I hit the bus to me first surf lesson ever. Some girls from Wigan (travel half way arround the world and meet people from twenty mins up the road always amazes me), three guys from down south (England that is) and two Canadians (I love Canada, ,it produces some really nice people).



After the safety do and don'ts are covered it time to hit the surf (literally). The first part of the lesson is us managing to catch the waves (half the battle) but not managing to get stood up and instead eating a load of salt water. After the break we all seem a bit more relaxed and we all manage to make it to our feet at least a couple of times. I'm considering buying a few of the pictures that were taken just to prove that I can do it.

Lesson one done its back to the hostel for more food and a quick nap to recharge the batteries. Then its a organised trip to one of the bars for a few beers and a socialize. Not for the first time since i've been in Byron I've been told I look like a surfer (Just wish I could surf like one). Met a lovely Spanish brother and sister who are over in OZ to improve ther English. Taylor, Kayla, Lou and Em from the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment