Thursday 18 October 2012

Surf School day 2

I am just waiting from my surf school pictures to be sent. Once i get them I will put a few on here. The ones with me in a black surf top are from the first day and the one’s in the blue surf top are from day two so theoretically I should look better in the day two pictures.




Day 2
A big group  in surf school today.


So we were looked after by Alana  while the rest of the group went through the beginner intro.



 A quick recap of how to stand up on the board  and some encouragement to walk the board, switch feet, etc then it was back in the water to catch some waves. Conditions were tougher today even though we had moved from Lennox Head (where all the top pros surf) to Flat rock for some better surf. That being said managed to get up on the board with my first two tries before eating salt water on my third go.



Even after eating salt water you still emerge from beneath the water with a huge smile on your face.



The time seem to fly by and before we knew it, it was time to get out of the water.

 

Back to the Hostel feeling hungry the guys suggested I go on the trip to Cheeky Monkey with them for some food. 5 dollars for burger and chips and a free beer how could I refuse. About 30 of us from the hostel went along and Cheeky’s is a interesting place. You order your food as you enter then pick it up from the serving hatch once your number is called out. You then take it back to your table (the table later turns into a dancefloor, you have to see it). It sounds crude but the food is good and did I mention the free beer, Lol. After we have all eaten the dj then starts the games. Trival pursuit is first with him asking questions and the first person to shout the correct answer gets a top up of there drink. Two questions correct and about a pint and a half refill. After trival pursuit the dj then decides to play which hostel can make the most noise (there are a few other hostels in). No contest as us Nomads rock the joint and bag some more free beer. 4 pints and food for 5 dollars
 
I love this place, I gave the vouchers I got at surf school for free stuff in Byron to my Spanish brother and sister friends which put a smile on their face, then its time to move on to Woody surf bar with the rest of the Nomads for a few games of pool before a early night. Met the guys from surf school and a few of the instructors which made to the perfect end to the night and me and my pool buddy cleaned up.

 

Got back to the Hostel to put my left over food on the free food shelf (a shelf in the fridge where you put food that you haven’t used so that other people get us out of it). It didn’t make it to the shelf  as one of the Nomads staff claimed it for the staff. They work hard so I was glad it went to a good cause.

 

Up at 6:30 am in order to get my gear ready and catch the bus to Brisbane.

 
You probably cannot tell from this picture, but the lass in the background looks very much like Kate Middleton. Flight from Brisbane to the Rockhampton was 52 mins long and over before it had begun and the taxi through Rocky gave me a look at the town. It looks beautiful and quiet, but only time will tell. Just writing this in the Alllentown Hotel with a stubby waiting for Aza to finish work and pick me up. I can think of a lot worse places to have to wait for a lift and it gives me a chance to people watch the locals. 

1 comment:

  1. your "early morning face" On the bus made me laugh! Got my fav. hair style too.You look like you are doing great with the surfing! Well done. Proud Auntie. xxx

    ReplyDelete