Saturday 6 October 2012

Hong Kong Day 2


After a busy day yesterday I decided to stay around Kowloon so consulted one of the guides with suggested walks in the area (My history teacher would be so proud). After a successful day behind me I was hoping for more of the same, but unfortunately the first two sites had construction work going on around them so the pictures aren’t as good as they could have been.

My first stop was St Andrews Church (no I’ve not re found religion before you ask). The Anglican church has had a strong evangelical tradition for the past 100 years (so the guide book says).

 The Old vicarage has now been turned into a children nursery which I thought was a nice touch.

Then it was on to the former Kowloon British School (now the Antiquities and Monuments Office). Opened in 1902 it’s the oldest surviving school building constructed for foreign residence of Hong Kong (I love this guide book).

See what I mean about the pictures (Oh well)


I’ve got to say that one thing they do really well over here is there green spaces. Kowloon Park is almost as impressive as Hong Kong Island park and a got another chance to work on my wild life picture taking.

Before anyone says anything they are living breathing animals.


In the park is the Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre. It previous uses were a barracks for the British Army and the temporary home of the Hong Kong museum.

There was some really interesting exhibits but my favourite had to be the Ming (not the one from Flash Gordon) Dynasty room. Think Auntie Chris would like this one two. Under a glass floor was some of the blue china they have recovered from dig sites. It was just so beautiful.


Security was tight otherwise I would have brought some back. Lol


Then spent the rest of the day down at Kowloon harbour to get some pictures of Hong Kong Island from this side. Some of the big hitters must be in town today and there are helicopters everywhere. Think that is Simon Cowell in the window of the Peninsula Hotel copter.

Not one of my best sunset pictures, but I have some dust in one of my lenses so might take me a while to clean the pictures on Photoshop.





Hong Kong Island from Kowloon. The light show is back tomorrow after a three day absence so hopefully I'll get some more great pictures.



Just going to post this then its off to bed to watch Mission Impossible  in Cantonese.

Hong Kong Island again tomorrow I think.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Bob! Shame about the security on the blue and white pottery! Just joking if the police are reading this! Auntie.x

    ReplyDelete