Tuesday 23 October 2012

Rocky I Tour

Having had a restful nights sleep Aaron took me out for a tour of a few of the local sights before he had to go to do his night shift.

I was so greatfull as it was really is beautiful.

For those of you who are missing Ted I will provide a special Ted Update post.


Aaron showing me some good fishing spots at the creek.


A proper Aussie dirt track.

 
I didn't fancy climbing the fence of the Croc Farm to do my Crocodile Dundee impression as this bad boy is probably 10 foot plus in lenght and his brothers and sisters can't have been far away.

 

The Singing Ship monument at Emu Park. When the wind blows it makes whisteling noises and apparently had to be adjusted so that it made less noise as it was keeping the locals awake.


The bay and the nearby Keppel Islands (part of Keppel Bay Islands National Park) were named by Captain Cook when he was there on 27 May 1770, after Admiral Augustus Keppel of the British Royal Navy. (todays fun fact)


Rosslyn Bay Harbour (The Aussie's love their boats)


Fan Rock is a fine example of "living" geology, you can see the core from which the trachyte 'pipes' have developed as the lava cooled. This is an unusual geological formation as such 'cores' are normally hidden within the rock masses. (My geography teacher would be so proud). It does acually look more impressive in person. You don't get the massive scale of it in the picture.




The view from Double Head National Park (One of many beautiful beaches i've seen with a maximum of one person on them).


Then had my first Aussie pie with mushy peas (it was fab). I cant beleive i'm going to say this but is was actually better than a Greggs one.

On the way home we spotted this dog have a great time in the back of the truck.

 
 
While waiting for Zoe to finish work I got my first Australian Lotto Ticket (Fingers crossed) and popped into the Glenmore Pub.
 
It already feels like myt second home over here as most of the staff know my name and the regulars are more than happy to chat with me about anyhting. It reminds me of the how the Brunswick used to be when everyone used to go in.
 
Got chatting with Karina (barmaid) as she is going to be working in England from December. I told her to avoid all Southerners if at all possible (which I think is sound advise, lol).
 
It was then time to get back to base camp where Zoe cooked the fish we had caught. The Whiting was really good and the Flathead was even better. The sauce (I'll let Arron and Zoe decide between then who came up with the recipe) that Zoe made to go with fish was really good to. I hope I can remember all the cooking tips I've learned when I get home.
 
Food devoured it was time to see who was going to be ejected from the Australian version of X factor and just like the UK version the public got it wrong, but thankfully my fav got voted through.
 
 
Then it was a game of say which soap the actor had already been in whiel watching Winners and Losers. Lass from Prisoner Cell Block H doesn't look any older.
 
And with that over it was time for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment