Tuesday 18 September 2012

A Big Thankyou! / Goodbye Dubai


Before I tell you about my day I want to get the important stuff out the way.

I want to say a big thank you to my hosts in Dubai.

Wayne and Claire are superstars, not only for putting me up but for all little bits of stuff (cooking meals, taking me out, showing me Dubai, etc). Right from the moment the cleaner let me in (I must have a trustworthy face, lol) you have continued to make me feel right at home and helped me enjoy every min of my time in Dubai. I don’t know how I will ever repay you but I will find a way.

Mike, Sarah & Molly, it was really great to see you and spend time with you. Cricket was an experience I won’t forget in a while (even the traffic). If you ever need a sitter I’ll be happy to jump on a plane back.

Paul, Karen & AJ, it was great to meet you, I felt like I was just meeting up with friends I had not met in a while instead of meeting for the first time. 

I’m sure I’ve missed a few people off  and if I have you know who you are.
 

Now down to my day.  Up at 6am to put a wash on (I can hear Mum, sister and aunt falling off their chairs) so that I could put it on the line to dry before I went out. Taxi down to the Metro station, then the Metro down to the Creek. The Creek for those who don’t know Dubai is the old city.
The Museum was really good and not just because it cost about 50p to get in.


 It was nice to get a history of Dubai and in hindsight It would have been good to do this trip at the start of my visit. Some of the exhibits seem so real.
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Am thinking about giving a prize for the best caption on this one. I love this one, you are under water and the person in the exhibit is diving for pearls.
 
 

Then made my way down to the Souk to do some bartering for a shemagh.
 
I got a good price but ended up buying two (I’m calling 1-1 draw though it was probably 2-0 to the shop). Just need to practice how to tie them (I’m hoping that it will be like tying a bow tie, once you do it a few times and its like riding a bike). When I figure it out i'll post a picture.
 
As it was my last day in Dubai I went to the English pub in the Marina for some fish and chips.
 


 


 
 
 
 








The only way to spend my last evening was with Wanye and Claire in a bar over looking the Burj Al Arab at sunset.

 





A fitting end to my stay. Thanks again. XXX

1 comment:

  1. Caption;
    I know that my contact lense must be some where here....
    First prize ?

    From quick thinking sis xx

    ReplyDelete