Monday 10 September 2012

Emriati camel tags a lift to UK

I promised my mum that i'd bring my niece a little something back from every country I visit. Today while I was walking around Ibn Battuta Mall a young Emirati Camel who wanted to escape the sun approached me and asked if I new anyone who could give him a home back in the UK. So it now looks like me and Ted have a new travel companion (before anyone asks, i'm not renaming the blog otherwise it could get complicated).


Now back to the begining. The Ibn Battuta Mall is a cross between a museum dedicated to the Arabic Explorer Ibn Battuta and a regular Mall (Shopping Centre for those of you not from the USA). All the designer brands you would normally see intertwined with enducational displays. Each section of the Mall is split into different countries that Ibn explored during his life (Andalusia, Tunisia, Egypt, Persia, India, China).





I was really suprised how quiet the Mall was and it was a real pleasure to walk round. Having made it from one end of the mall to the other a with a new appreciation of Ibn I finally found where all the people had been hiding. KFC, Macdonals and Subway. I went for the slightly healther option of a fantastic sea food combo (two lots of battered sea food in different sauces, noddles and a large coke).

Before I caught the metro to the Dubai Marina I had a walk outside to see the equally impressive Ibn Battuta Hotel.


3 comments:

  1. I hope you keep Emri (the camel) away from Ted as you don't want any little camducks in 9 months time. His mum wasn't chuffed that you let him wondering off on his own. Shes be having kittens if that happened or she may be pleasure that hes having a little romance!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece will love the camel !! but it must be desperate to want to come to the UK from that place. I fear the Emri may need a mental health assessment as who would want to leave a place like that. I have never known you to eat so much food !! I will get mum to install a vertical lift at home just in case you can't manage the stairs on your return (ha ha). Glad you are living the high life. From your quick thinking sis xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog
    dubai deals

    ReplyDelete