Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sights and sounds

Woke up early feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. Walking sandals on, camera and map in bag and set off for a trip around town.

The first thing that hits me when walking about is the sound (of the traffic) and the smells (of the food vendors at the side of the road. It is a attack on the senses at first but you soon become used to it.

Being a little off the main drag (my plan for my first two day stop in Bangkok) it is some walk to the Convention Centre. The Park there is beautiful and really quiet.









 



















I then get  a Tuk Tuk to see a few of the more popular attractions at the far end of town.



If you look closely in the right hand mirrow you may just be able to see a reflection of me. If the driver would stop trying to take me to his mates shops it would be a great way to see the sights. I think he has now got the picture as I have told him I have only come out with a small amount of cash so he's wasting his time.

Next stop is a little temple with the smiling Buda. Just me in there and the guide tells me a bit about the temple and that he used to work in Australia. He askes me if I am in Bangkok to teach English (me teach lol).



Next stop is the Golden Mount Temple. This temple is set on a mount (thus the name) in the middle of Bangkok. It is really impressive.




















Lots of Buddha and rining of hugh bells.




















My Favorite Buddha so far (Buddha of wealth). A few prayers we said and I wasn't the only one lol. I guess i'll have to wait until Vegas to find out if they are answered lol.

 
 
My final stop of the day was Lumphini Park. It was great to get away from the hussle and bussle with some great sights.
 
 




 
 
I expected to have some animals in the park but had to take a step back when this crossed the path in front of me (Lumphini Park 1 Dukinfield Park 0 lol).
 

 
 
You might get a day off from me blogging tomorrow. Going to be on the move down to the Island of Koh Tao. Its the part of this section of the trip that I've really been loooking forward too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment