Thursday 6 September 2012

A great day to fly



Tuesday, 4 September 2012

The flight from Manchester to Heathrow was one of the best I’ve ever been on. I had a window seat on a little 49 seat thing (I’m sure the plane spotters reading this will know exactly what I’m on about and for those of you who don’t, see the picture below) and although it was only small it had loads of leg room (even for a bean pole like me).
 
 The flight was one of those when it feels like you are landing just as you’ve taken off (without all the boring bits like crusing at 30,000 feet at 350mph for hours). The pilot did a loop of London so we got to see all the sights (No I’m not talking about the stewardess). I wanted to drop a load on Stamford Bridge as we flew over but the seatbelt sign was on, Doh! Now have a few hours to kill before I check in for my flight to Dubai. Must be time for a game of see if I can charm myself a upgrade (I’m going with the lost, alone traveller look so Ted will have to stay in the bag, he’s got a good book to read so i’m sure that he will be fine).
 
 
 Sat in Virgin check in / departures (insert joke of your own choice) and it feels like a night club. There is funky lighting and a rath of beautiful young ladies ready to remove you of your baggage (TED is already right at home).
 
Is it wrong of me to expect Usain Bolt and Richard Branson to check my bags in. Lol  
Flight was really smooth and had enough leg room but still couldn’t sleep. Ended up watching “Men in Black III” and “The Avengers “on my own screen. The meals were pretty good too (I don’t remember cattle class being like this).
 

2 comments:

  1. Message is from struggling with technology Aunty and Fod. great blog you seem to be having a great time! give our love to all and tell them we are green with envy. xx

    ReplyDelete